Thermal pad is often used in the thermal conduction and heat dissipation application scheme of electronic products. It has good thermal conductivity, and can maintain good stability under high temperature, acid and alkali conditions, high and low temperature resistance, and the operating temperature range is -50~200 ℃; then, how to test whether the thermal silicone pad really has high temperature resistance?
The commonly used method to test whether the thermal pad is resistant to high temperature is a simple aging test. The important goal of this test is to see how the silicon molecule volatilizes the thermal conductive silicone pad at high temperature. The specific methods are as follows:
- Select 10 samples and place them in a drying oven at 35 ℃ for 80–100h
- Put the sample into the oven at 200℃ and dry it continuously for 200h
- Take out the sample and place it in a drying oven at 35 ℃ for 80–100h
- Accurately weigh the weight G1 of 10 samples respectively
- Accurately weigh the weight G2 of the 10 samples again
- Calculate weight loss: (G1-G2)/G1×100%
- The weight loss is less than 1%;
- All chemical and physical properties are stable after high temperature.
Through the above test steps, you can probably judge the high temperature resistance of a thermal pad, and provide more reference for choosing a suitable thermal silicone pad.