Thermal adhesive is a one-component, thermally conductive, room temperature curing silicone adhesive sealant. The condensation reaction of moisture in the air releases low molecules to cause cross-linking and curing, and vulcanizes into high-performance elastomers. Thermally conductive adhesive is also known as silicone thermal conductivity. Glue, thermal conductive silica gel, RTV glue, heat dissipation silica gel, heat transfer glue, heat dissipation glue, cooling glue.
Thermally conductive adhesives can be cured at room temperature and have certain bonding properties. Thermally conductive adhesive is a kind of silicone rubber, which is a one-component room temperature vulcanized liquid rubber. Once exposed to air, the silane monomers in it condense to form a network structure, the system is cross-linked, cannot be melted and dissolved, is elastic, becomes rubbery, and adheres to objects at the same time. And once cured, it is difficult to separate the bonded objects.
Thermal adhesive has good thermal conductivity and high-grade pressure resistance. Its function is to fill the large requirements between the processor and the heat sink. It is the best product to replace the binary heat dissipation system of thermal grease and mica sheet. Thermal adhesive has excellent anti-cold and heat alternating performance, anti-aging performance and electrical insulation performance. And has excellent moisture resistance, shock resistance, corona resistance, leakage resistance and chemical resistance properties. It can be used continuously in the environment of -50 ~ 200 ℃ and maintain performance. Non-swelling and good adhesion to most metallic and non-metallic materials.
Thermal adhesive is a new type of adhesive with fast curing speed, easy extrusion and convenient operation, which can meet any working environment and working conditions. So what are the characteristics of thermal adhesive? In which scenarios is it mainly used? Let’s find out together!
Characteristics of thermal adhesives
- No need for screws to fix, reduce the cost of low parts and improve production efficiency; thermal adhesive replaces the traditional card and screw connection;
- Because the glue has strong adhesion to the metal surface and is not easy to peel off, it is widely used in the bonding and sealing of PTC sheets and aluminum heat sinks;
- Comprehensive contact, providing more effective heat dissipation effect, good operating temperature range -50 ~ 200 ℃, short-term high temperature resistance of 300 ℃;
- High dielectric strength to ensure electrical insulation properties; single-component, extremely easy to use;
- Elastic bonding, shock-proof, shock-absorbing, can be used in electrical equipment of vibration source;
- The bonding speed is fast, the bonding force is strong, and the bonding force is lasting; it is suitable for different product designs and technological processes.
Application of Thermal Adhesive
- Mainly used in CPU radiator, heat dissipation between thyristor, chip and heat sink, and heat dissipation of electric iron soleplate;
- It is used for heat conduction, heat dissipation and insulation between the heat sink and the CPU. Such as: computers and related equipment, audio-visual sound, electronics, electrical appliances, etc.;
- It is used for various high power needs to dissipate heat. Heat transfer related electrical appliances such as: semiconductor refrigeration sheet, water dispenser, electric kettle, TV power amplifier tube and heat sink;
- It is used for bonding and heat conduction of high-precision DVD decoder boards, heat conduction of transformers and fixing of electronic components, followed by filling;
- The heat dissipation bonding of the LED drive module and the shell; high-power LED flood light, LED street light, LED power supply, LED underwater landscape light, LED point light source, LED indoor downlight, etc. are bonded to the bracket.
The above is the detailed introduction of CoolThermo Technology’s definition, characteristics and functions of thermally conductive adhesives. Only with sufficient understanding of thermally conductive adhesives can we more accurately select the adhesive scheme and achieve better performance in practical applications.