When it comes to the cooling system, most people think of fans and heat sinks, and often overlook a medium that is not very conspicuous but plays an important role – thermal pad. Today CoolThermo shares with you a few knowledge points that need to be paid attention to for thermal silicone gaskets.
- The hardness of the silicone thermal pad is generally Shore C 20~30 degrees, and the compressibility must be 10~20%;
- The color of the thermal pad does not affect the thermal conductivity;
- Thickness: Considering that the product has a certain compressibility, the thickness of the thermal pad is selected to be 0.5~1mm higher than the actual height;
- Viscosity: The thermally conductive silicone sheet is a material with a certain viscosity, and it can be used without adhesive. The adhesive will increase the thermal resistance of the thermal pad, which will have a certain impact on the thermal conductivity;
- Do you need to apply thermal grease after adding thermal conductive silicone pad?
This is not needed! The thermal grease is suitable for the place where the heat sink and the chip are in direct contact, in order to make the heat sink and the chip closely fit and improve the heat dissipation effect, and the thermal silicon grease is used in the place where there is a large gap between the heat sink and the chip, It is impossible to make them contact by just applying thermal grease .
- Does the thermal pad need to add glass fiber?
The reason why the thermal pad is added with glass fiber is that the thinner the thermal pad, the worse the tensile resistance and the lower the voltage resistance performance. In addition, if the thermal pad is too thin, it is easy to appear due to the poor tensile resistance during use. tearing condition. Therefore, generally thinner thermal pad will use glass fibers to enhance the tensile strength and voltage resistance of the product.
The above is the introduction and sharing of CoolThermo’s knowledge of thermal pads. Understanding the relevant knowledge of thermal pads will help in the purchase of thermal pads and the standardized use of thermal gasket materials to avoid unnecessary problems in the future. . If you have any other questions, you can consult our online customer service staff!