Although silica gel products can be seen all over the street now, we can often use silica gel in our daily life, because the silica gel industry has developed rapidly in China in recent years, and there have been many thermal conductive silica gel, silica gel glue, silica gel Silicone products such as kitchen utensils, silicone household daily necessities and silicone gifts, people gradually understand silicone. So what is silicone? What are the advantages and disadvantages of silicone products? Today, Nuofeng Thermal Conductive Silicone Products Factory will take you to know about the knowledge of silicone products.
What is silicone?
Silica gel alias: Silica gel, is a highly active adsorption material, is an amorphous substance. The main component of silica gel is silicon dioxide, which is chemically stable and non-flammable.
Chemical formula xSiO2 yH2O. Transparent or milky white granular solid. It has an open porous structure, strong adsorption, and can adsorb a variety of substances. Dilute sulfuric acid (or hydrochloric acid) is added to the aqueous solution of water glass and allowed to stand to form a hydrous silicic acid gel and solidify. The electrolyte Na+ and SO4 2-(Cl-) ions dissolved in it are removed by washing with water, and the silica gel can be obtained after drying. If it absorbs moisture, some silica gels absorb about 40% or even 300% of moisture. For gas drying, gas absorption, liquid dehydration, chromatography, etc., also used as a catalyst. If cobalt chloride is added, it turns blue when dry and red when it absorbs water. Recyclable for repeated use.
Advantages of silicone products
- High temperature resistance: the applicable temperature range is -40 to 230 °C, and it can be used in a constant temperature and humidity test chamber.
- Easy to clean: The silica gel products produced by silica gel can be cleaned by rinsing with clean water after use, and can also be cleaned in the dishwasher.
- Long lifespan: The chemical properties of the silicone material are very stable, and the products made have a longer lifespan than other materials. For example, the lifespan of thermally conductive silica gel can reach 10 years or even longer.
- Soft and comfortable: Thanks to the softness of the silicone material, it is extremely flexible and does not deform.
- Various colors: According to the needs of customers, different beautiful colors can be deployed, and personalized styles can be customized.
- Environmentally friendly and non-toxic: no toxic and harmful substances are produced from the entry of raw materials to the delivery of finished products.
- Electrical insulation performance: Silicone rubber has high resistivity, and its resistance value can remain stable in a wide temperature range and frequency range. At the same time, silica gel has good resistance to high-voltage corona discharge and arc discharge, such as high-voltage insulators, TV high-voltage caps, electrical components, thermal pads, etc.
- Low temperature resistance: The critical temperature of ordinary rubber is -20°C to -30°C, but silicone rubber still has good elasticity at -60°C to -70°C, and some specially formulated silicone rubber can also be used. Withstand extremely low temperatures, such as low temperature silicone seals, etc.
- Conductivity: When conductive fillers (such as carbon black) are added, silicone rubber has good conductivity, such as keyboard conductive contact points, electric heating element parts, antistatic parts, shielding for high-voltage cables, medical physiotherapy conductive films, etc.
- Weather resistance: ordinary rubber is rapidly degraded under the action of ozone generated by corona discharge, while silicone rubber is not affected by ozone, and its physical properties only change slightly under ultraviolet light and other climatic conditions for a long time, such as outdoor Sealing materials used, etc.
- Thermal conductivity: When some thermally conductive fillers are added, silicone rubber has good thermal conductivity, such as heat sinks, thermally conductive gaskets, thermal rollers for copiers, fax machines, etc.
- Radiation resistance: The radiation resistance of silicone rubber containing phenyl is greatly improved, such as electrical insulation cables, connectors for nuclear power plants, etc.
Disadvantages of silicone products
- Similar products are more expensive than plastic, plastic and plastic products.
- The molding time is longer than others, and the silica gel needs to be cross-linked (or vulcanized).
- The waste cannot be recycled: Since the silicone products are all vulcanized and formed, the scraps, wastes and waste silicone products cannot be re-mixed and used, which also increases the material cost virtually, which is not conducive to environmental protection and sustainable development. .
The superior performance, coupled with the fact that silica gel is a non-petroleum product, does not depend on the increasingly scarce petroleum resources, it is the general trend that silica gel products become substitutes for similar plastic products. At the same time, silica gel products can be applied to many applications that plastic products cannot. Such as thermal conductive silica gel, etc., the application prospect is very broad.